Photos for sexing young Fiji boas

Kingsnake.com - Herpforum - Photos for sexing young Fiji boas

Hi,
I have taken some photos to try and sex my young Fiji boas. I have to say that I am not finding this site as intuitive as others I use, and have had some problems trying to load the pics - I hope I manage to get something through!
I have three young Fiji boas, born in captivity to wild-caught females. (I'm in Fiji). They are between 12 and 18 months old, 55 - 65cm long, weighing around 40 gms each.
I have not been able to see spurs with my naked eye, but in close up photos I think I am seeing spurs on snakes 1 and 2, and not on snake 3. However, 3 is the youngest.
Here are photos - opinions welcome.
Other photos are in my gallery: Helenthereef
Thanks,
Helen




Comments

Popular Popsts

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | Greater Mekong's species spectacle

Snake Forums > Boas: Candoia (Ground)